Configure notes as attachments for entity forms - Missing "Attach a File" option
Background & Problem :
I was exploring the Power Portal for the first time, Portal was newly configured. I was trying my hands on Entiry forms and tables. While setting up the form, I came across weird issue of 'Attach file' option not visible. Although all the settings applied correctly as mentioned in Microsoft Documentation: Configure notes as attachments on entity forms and web forms for a portal - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs
Followed all the steps of adding metadata, additional settings, enable entity permission and all the required mentioned settings, still something was missing due to that was not able to see the notes attachemnt on form.
After spending couple of hours, got hint from Dynamics CRM, that applies here as well. If we want to enable notes attachment, have to add the entity permission specific for Notes Entity as well, along with the table/entity you created.
1. Portal Management -> Security -> Entity Permission
2. Create a new Entity Permission.
3. Name: Give the name of permission. <Notes Entity Permission>
4. Entity Name: Select Note entity.
5. Website: Select website on which you are working.
6. Scope: Select Global Scope and checked all check-boxes.
7. Add web role here for this Entity Permission. The Web Role associated to the Portal should also be associated with this Entity Permission.
8. So at the entity permission section, there will be two permissions entry. one for your entity and one for notes
Conclusion: If your portal is newly configured and entity permission has not been set for Notes then you first need to add that along with the all steps mentioned in Configure notes as attachments on entity forms and web forms for a portal - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs
Hope this piece of information will save your time!